Percentages

  1. #1
    www.javysgifts.com
    Guest

    Percentages

    I live in South Texas and our sales taxes is 8.25%. I am trying to come up
    with the formula for figuring out the total amount of sale before tax when
    taxes have already been added to it. For Example: If total sales were
    $108.25 including the taxes what was the total sales before taxes. I know
    the answer is $100, however what is the formula to get it.

  2. #2
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: Percentages

    One way:

    A1: 108.25
    A2: =A1/(1 + 8.25%)

    or, equivalently:

    A2: =A1/(1.0825)

    In article <[email protected]>,
    www.javysgifts.com <[email protected]>

  3. #3
    www.javysgifts.com
    Guest

    Re: Percentages

    Thank you so much...Something so simple yet, I just couldn't get it together.