NT Username

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor

    NT Username

    Hi, im not sure if this is possible but i thought i'd ask.

    FYI - Excel'97

    I use at work excel on nt where everyone has to log in using there NT profile. Is there anyway to incorrporate there username into my spreadsheets. We are able to do this with access im not sure how and i thought it may be possible on excel. It would be a great benefit to myself where we have spreadsheets that get updated by many people this would log there details?

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: NT Username

    Create a UDF in a standard Code Module

    Function ThisUser()
    ThisUser = Environ("UserName")
    End Function

    and then use like =ThisUser()

    Tested on XP with XL97, not NT, but I would hope it works the same.

    RP

    "ceemo" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor

    Udf?

    Hi, firstly thanks for your help. What does UDF stand for?

  4. #4

    Re: NT Username

    User Defined Function.

    It's like a function that's built into excel =sum(), but it's written by a user
    (you or Bob!).

  5. #5
    Forum Contributor

    kewl

    well thanks for you help got it working just fine. Didnt realise at first that it had to be placed in a module outside of a macro. thanks again!