Disappearing Data Items on Pivot Table -Updated Question

  1. #1
    GeorgeChe
    Guest

    Disappearing Data Items on Pivot Table -Updated Question

    I have just created a pivot table with two column fields, 1 row field and six
    data fields. I can select on the column and row fields but when i try to
    select items on
    the data field, the unselected items disappear when i go back into drop down
    menu on data field to make another selection. The only way to get it back is
    to add the field to the data. Is there a way of fixing the fields in data.

    Yours desperately
    George

  2. #2
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: Disappearing Data Items on Pivot Table -Updated Question

    De-selecting a Data field always removes that field from the Pivot table. It
    assumes you no longer wish to aggregate that data.
    Selecting or De-selecting Rows or Columns (or Pages) is merely changing the
    view of the data that has been aggregated.

    --
    Regards

    Roger Govier

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    GeorgeChe
    Guest

    Re: Disappearing Data Items on Pivot Table -Updated Question

    Thanks Roger. Following on from your response, Is it possible to fix data
    field so that it can not be de-selected?
    Thanks
    George

  4. #4
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: Disappearing Data Items on Pivot Table -Updated Question

    The expert in this area is Debra Dalgleish and she has information on this
    on her site at

  5. #5
    GeorgeChe
    Guest

    Re: Disappearing Data Items on Pivot Table -Updated Question

    Thanks again Roger. I now know what to do