zero values in charts-don't want to show as zero, but as blank

  1. #1
    ML
    Guest

    zero values in charts-don't want to show as zero, but as blank

    I am trying to create a chart from data that is in the form of a formula,
    some of those cells have a formula that returns a blank cell, "". I want my
    line chart to stop if the cell is blank, instead it is showing as a zero
    value.
    Any ideas on how to do this.

  2. #2
    Scott@PRM
    Guest

    RE: zero values in charts-don't want to show as zero, but as blank

    I am not 100% positive this is your situation, but I believe I ran into the
    same problem a few weeks back. On your spreadsheet got to Tools/Options,
    then on the View tab uncheck Zero values.

  3. #3
    ML
    Guest

    RE: zero values in charts-don't want to show as zero, but as blank

    Unfortunately, that is not the problem. When I create my chart it still is
    showing those value as 0.

  4. #4
    RagDyer
    Guest

    Re: zero values in charts-don't want to show as zero, but as blank

    Revise your formulas to return the #N/A error.
    That error message is invisible to charts.

    =IF(A1+B1=0,#N/A,A1+B1)
    --
    HTH,

    RD