Customize Autofill

  1. #1

    Unhappy Customize Autofill

    I would like to autofill a double date as shown below but cant get excel to regonise what I'm doing - help please.
    Example shown below:

    01/08/2005
    01/08/2005
    02/08/2005
    02/08/2005
    03/08/2005
    03/08/2005

    etc.

  2. #2
    Bernie Deitrick
    Guest

    Re: Customize Autofill

    Big,

    1) Type 1/8 in the first cell, 2/8 in the second. Drag down until your last date appears. Copy, then
    press End-down-arrow, down-arrow, and paste. Then select your double list and sort ascending.

    2) You can do it in a special way. Type 1/8 into a cell, then go down TWO cells, and type 2/8.
    Select FOUR cells, starting with the first cell with 1/8, and then grab the fill handle and pull
    down. - go one cell beyond where your last desired date shows up. Then use Edit / Go To...
    Special, Blanks, OK, then type =, press the up arrow once, and press Ctrl-Enter. Then do a copy /
    pastespecial values, and you're done.

    3) Or you could use two formula: with your first date in A1

    =A1
    =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,DAY(A1))

    and copy those two formulas down.

    HTH,