Auto calculation with Filtered Results

  1. #1
    Morphyus C via OfficeKB.com
    Guest

    Auto calculation with Filtered Results

    Hi folks,
    This is what I'm trying to acheive:
    TYPE AMOUNT RATE CAP
    1 200 2% 20%
    1 300 3% 25%
    1 320 2% 21%
    2 100 1% 15%
    2 300 5% 20%
    3 200 6% 30%
    3 150 4% 20%
    4 400 2% 10%
    4 200 3% 20%
    4 290 4% 15%

    I know that I can use filter function to see that under type 1 I have 3 items,
    under type 2 I have 2 items and so forth but is there any way that I able to
    calculate automatically the sumproduct of whatever the item is displayed
    using filter fuction. Like for example, as soon I hit filter and select type
    1, there will be three rows showing tyupe 1 info. But is there a way that
    under that I can some functionality which enable me athat as soon a s I
    select the type, based on that it should show s also the sumproduct of Rate
    and CAPs based on the type.
    I hop I able to explain it.
    Thnaks in advanced

  2. #2
    Dave
    Guest

    Re: Auto calculation with Filtered Results

    I think this is what you want
    http://groups.google.ca/group/micros...a5afc7a787d7ed
    If the link does not work for you, the topic title is Auto filter. In
    case you can't find it, what you need to use is the SUBTOTAL function.

  3. #3
    Morphyus C via OfficeKB.com
    Guest

    Re: Auto calculation with Filtered Results

    Dave, Thanks so much for your help. It worked.
    Thanks so much
    Morphyus