+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6

how do i create a running balance on checkbook register

  1. #1
    mic
    Guest

    how do i create a running balance on checkbook register

    I downloaded a checkbook register template and i would like to know how i get
    it to automatically add/subtract the debits/credits so i have a current
    balance at all times

  2. #2
    stretch
    Guest

    Re: how do i create a running balance on checkbook register

    We would need a bit more information as to what the issues are. Can
    you describe the cell structure?


    Steve


  3. #3
    Kassie
    Guest

    RE: how do i create a running balance on checkbook register

    Hi mic

    The logical way would be to add a Balance column. If you have deposits in
    say Column C and withdrawals in say Column D, and you start in Row 3 you can
    insert an opening balance in E3.

    In E4 enter the following formula:

    =IF(AND(C4="",D4=""),"",E3+C4-D4)
    and copy it doen as far as you wnat to go

    --
    j.kasselman@atlantic.net.remove_2nd_at. Randburg, Gauteng, South Africa


    "mic" wrote:

    > I downloaded a checkbook register template and i would like to know how i get
    > it to automatically add/subtract the debits/credits so i have a current
    > balance at all times


  4. #4
    mic
    Guest

    Re: how do i create a running balance on checkbook register

    thank-you... problem has been solved

    "stretch" wrote:

    > We would need a bit more information as to what the issues are. Can
    > you describe the cell structure?
    >
    >
    > Steve
    >
    >


  5. #5
    mic
    Guest

    RE: how do i create a running balance on checkbook register

    thank -you...problem solved

    "Kassie" wrote:

    > Hi mic
    >
    > The logical way would be to add a Balance column. If you have deposits in
    > say Column C and withdrawals in say Column D, and you start in Row 3 you can
    > insert an opening balance in E3.
    >
    > In E4 enter the following formula:
    >
    > =IF(AND(C4="",D4=""),"",E3+C4-D4)
    > and copy it doen as far as you wnat to go
    >
    > --
    > j.kasselman@atlantic.net.remove_2nd_at. Randburg, Gauteng, South Africa
    >
    >
    > "mic" wrote:
    >
    > > I downloaded a checkbook register template and i would like to know how i get
    > > it to automatically add/subtract the debits/credits so i have a current
    > > balance at all times


  6. #6
    Kassie
    Guest

    RE: how do i create a running balance on checkbook register

    Roger mic, hope I was of some help?
    --
    j.kasselman@atlantic.net.remove_2nd_at. Randburg, Gauteng, South Africa


    "mic" wrote:

    > thank -you...problem solved
    >
    > "Kassie" wrote:
    >
    > > Hi mic
    > >
    > > The logical way would be to add a Balance column. If you have deposits in
    > > say Column C and withdrawals in say Column D, and you start in Row 3 you can
    > > insert an opening balance in E3.
    > >
    > > In E4 enter the following formula:
    > >
    > > =IF(AND(C4="",D4=""),"",E3+C4-D4)
    > > and copy it doen as far as you wnat to go
    > >
    > > --
    > > j.kasselman@atlantic.net.remove_2nd_at. Randburg, Gauteng, South Africa
    > >
    > >
    > > "mic" wrote:
    > >
    > > > I downloaded a checkbook register template and i would like to know how i get
    > > > it to automatically add/subtract the debits/credits so i have a current
    > > > balance at all times


+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 1