COMPARE DATA AND LIST SMALLEST AND LARGEST ENTRY BY UNIT

  1. #1
    Dwain A, louisiana
    Guest

    COMPARE DATA AND LIST SMALLEST AND LARGEST ENTRY BY UNIT

    I have a large equipment database containing the equipment ID, the
    odometer/hour reading, and the date it was taken. The list contains multiple
    entries for each piece of equipment. I wish to sort through the list and
    extract the lowest odometer/hour reading and extract the highest
    odometer/hour reading for each piece of equipment. Any assistantance will be
    appreciated.

  2. #2
    FSt1
    Guest

    RE: COMPARE DATA AND LIST SMALLEST AND LARGEST ENTRY BY UNIT

    hi,
    use formulas. Max and Min

    =MAX(A1:A2000) and =MIN(A1:A2000)

    Adjust the the range to fit your data.

    Regards
    FSt1

  3. #3
    Dwain A, louisiana
    Guest

    RE: COMPARE DATA AND LIST SMALLEST AND LARGEST ENTRY BY UNIT

    Let me be more specific. I want to extract from that list the equipment
    ID(only once for each piece) and then the only lowest meter odometer reading
    and highest reading for all of the entries made for each piece.

  4. #4
    Eric
    Guest

    RE: COMPARE DATA AND LIST SMALLEST AND LARGEST ENTRY BY UNIT

    Dwain,

    Try:

    =SUMPRODUCT( MAX( (idrange=productid) *(odrange) ) )
    =1 / SUMPRODUCT( MAX( (idrange=productid) * 1/(odrange) ) )

    where "idrange" is the range of cells with the product IDs, "odrange" is the
    corresponding range with the odometer readings, and "productid" is the ID you
    want to look up.

    Eric