How to make negative numbers look like 0

  1. #1
    Trisha V via OfficeKB.com
    Guest

    How to make negative numbers look like 0

    I need to find out how you make negative numbers look like 0's instead of
    making them negative

    for example....

    I have a -25 and I need it to look like this "0". This way positive numbers
    are the only things I have listed on my column.

    Is this posibble?

  2. #2
    Trisha V via OfficeKB.com
    Guest

    Re: How to make negative numbers look like 0

    how do you this with %'s ?...I need them to become zeros as well...

  3. #3
    Marvin P. Winterbottom
    Guest

    RE: How to make negative numbers look like 0

    make another column with a formula:

    =IF(A1<0,0,A1)

  4. #4
    Trisha V via OfficeKB.com
    Guest

    RE: How to make negative numbers look like 0

    ISNT THERE A WAY TO JUST FORMAT IT?....I ALREADY HAVE THIS COLUMN WITH A
    FORMULA.

  5. #5
    Gordon
    Guest

    Re: How to make negative numbers look like 0

    "Trisha V via OfficeKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > ISNT THERE A WAY TO JUST FORMAT IT?....I ALREADY HAVE THIS COLUMN
    > WITH A FORMULA.
    >
    > Marvin P. Winterbottom wrote:
    >> make another column with a formula:
    >>
    >> =IF(A1<0,0,A1)

    No. There isn't. You can't "format" a cell to show a non-negative number.
    What's the problem with putting the formula in a column next to the
    original, and then hiding the original column?

  6. #6
    Trisha V via OfficeKB.com
    Guest

    Re: How to make negative numbers look like 0

    I GUESS YOU'RE RIGHT..THANKS

  7. #7
    Trisha V via OfficeKB.com
    Guest

    Re: How to make negative numbers look like 0

    ACTUALLY THIS IS NOT THAT EASY TO DO WHEN YOU'RE WORKING WITH A PIVOT TABLE

  8. #8
    Trisha V via OfficeKB.com
    Guest

    Re: How to make negative numbers look like 0

    NEVER MIND.... I DID IT....THANKS

  9. #9
    Gordon
    Guest

    Re: How to make negative numbers look like 0

    "Trisha V via OfficeKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > NEVER MIND.... I DID IT....THANKS

    Well tell us how, so in future we know!

  10. #10
    Trisha V via OfficeKB.com
    Guest

    Re: How to make negative numbers look like 0

    IM ACTUALLY STILL HAVING A PROBLEM WITH IT...IM GETTING AN ERROR MESSAGE
    #DIV/0!

    THIS I DONT KNOW HOW TO FIX...MAYBE IF I CAND SEND WHAT IM WORKING ON TO
    SOMEONE BECAUSE I CANT EVEN EXPLAIN WHATS WRONG....ITS A BIGGGGG FILE.

  11. #11
    Bernie Deitrick
    Guest

    Re: How to make negative numbers look like 0

    Trisha,

    A custom format of

    0;"0";0

    will display negative numbers as zero, though it won't change the underlying value.

    HTH,
    Bernie
    MS Excel MVP

  12. #12
    Trisha V via OfficeKB.com
    Guest

    Re: How to make negative numbers look like 0

    thanks

  13. #13
    Indiana

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Trisha V via OfficeKB.com
    ISNT THERE A WAY TO JUST FORMAT IT?....I ALREADY HAVE THIS COLUMN WITH A
    FORMULA.

    Marvin P. Winterbottom wrote:
    >make another column with a formula:
    >
    >=IF(A1<0,0,A1)

    use conditional format if cell value < than 0 then format the text same color as background - so it seems to dissappear