How to restore right click functionality for copy and paste?

  1. #1
    duncansk
    Guest

    How to restore right click functionality for copy and paste?

    Suddenly, I lost the ability to use copy and paste by right clicking my
    mouse. Using Office 2000. Can you help? Thank you!!!

  2. #2
    Bob Umlas
    Guest

    Re: How to restore right click functionality for copy and paste?

    Press Alt/F11 (takes you to the VBE), then Ctrl/G (accesses the Immediate
    window), then type this:
    Commandbars("Cell").Reset
    press enter, then return to Excel (Alt/Q) and things should be OK.
    Bob Umlas
    Excel MVP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    duncansk
    Guest

    Re: How to restore right click functionality for copy and paste?

    Your solution to copy and paste worked. Thank you. However, I now have a
    problem with "save as" on the file menu. Like with copy and paste, it is
    "ghosted" and not functional. Incidently, I'm also getting an error message:
    Program Error... Explorer.exe has generated errors and will be closewd by
    Windows. You need to restart this(?) program. It's unclear to me whether this
    is related to my excel issue and what program needs to be restarted. Excel is
    closed each time this message appears.

    Thank you

  4. #4

    Re: How to restore right click functionality for copy and paste?

    Tools|customize|toolbars tab
    select worksheet menu bar
    click Reset

    (I don't have a guess about the explorer.exe problem--maybe reinstall?)