Short-cut for Paste Values

  1. #1

    Short-cut for Paste Values

    Hi,

    Does anyone know the short-cut for Paste Values option in Excel?

    Thanks in advance,
    Irada

  2. #2
    Guest

    Re: Short-cut for Paste Values

    Hi
    I'd like to know that too! I reckon it'll need a macro writing, and then
    assigning it to a shortcut key.
    At the moment I've customised my toolbar to have a Paste Special button on
    it - you could do that in the meantime!

    --
    Andy.

    "Irada Shamilova"
    <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    I do have that icon on my toolbar, but still like to use shortcuts where possible - speeds up the process!

  4. #4

    Re: Short-cut for Paste Values

    Is it ok if the Edit|Undo is lost -- this happens a lot when macros are run?

    If yes, then this worked ok for me:

    Option Explicit
    Sub PasteSpecialValues()

    Dim myCtrl As CommandBarControl
    Set myCtrl = Application.CommandBars.FindControl(ID:=370)

    On Error Resume Next
    myCtrl.Execute
    If Err.Number <> 0 Then
    Beep
    Err.Clear

    Tools|macro|macros|options button
    give it a nice shortcut (ctrl-shift-V??)

  5. #5
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: Short-cut for Paste Values

    Note that with MacXL, you can use the Tools/Customize/Keyboard dialog to
    assign nearly any keyboard shortcut to any XL command.

    That would be a nice feature to port to WinXL.

    In article
    <[email protected]>,
    Irada Shamilova

  6. #6
    I came to the forum looking for a solution to this shortcut problem as well, and I see that there are three principal suggestions:

    1. Macro
    2. A series of keystrokes
    3. Add button to toolbar

    I wanted to add to #3, that once you add the "Paste Values" button to your toolbar, it's possible to turn it into a two-key keyboard shortcut. Just open up the Tools->Customize Menu, right-click on your newly placed "Paste Values" button, and fiddle with the ampersand (&) in the "Name" field. If you set it up to a letter that isn't already in use (for me, it's "A"), then voila! You now have a keyboard shortcut using the ALT-key plus that letter.

    Hope this helps someone out there.