Entering a 16 digit number

  1. #1
    Tbird
    Guest

    Entering a 16 digit number

    I am creating an Excel worksheet and am trying to enter credit card numbers
    in one of the columns. When I enter the number, it automatically changes the
    last digit to a "0". How do I format the cells to accept a 16 digit number?

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Entering a 16 digit number

    Format as text or precede the entry with an apostrophe, excel has 15 digits
    precision but I assume you won't do any calculations with credit card number

    Peo Sjoblom

    (No private emails please)

    news:[email protected]...