spreadsheet gridlines as graph paper

  1. #1
    lebrunn
    Guest

    spreadsheet gridlines as graph paper

    what are the default settings for gridlines so every cell is exactly 5mm square

  2. #2
    CyberTaz
    Guest

    RE: spreadsheet gridlines as graph paper

    AFAIK there is no such setting available. Default Row height is directly
    determined by default font size and Column width is indirectly determined by
    default font size by way of "number of characters".

    You might be able to dictate the grid dimensions through VBA, but what kind
    orf meaningful content could a worksheet have if cells were that small?

    Regards |:>)

  3. #3
    Doug Kanter
    Guest

    Re: spreadsheet gridlines as graph paper

    Maybe he just wants to create some graph paper. No contents needed in cells.

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Michael
    Guest

    RE: spreadsheet gridlines as graph paper

    Lebrunn, if you set row height to 18 and column width to 2.43, you will have
    graph paper with 1/4" squares. Maybe you can start from there and adjust to
    get down to 5mm. HTH
    --
    Sincerely, Michael Colvin

  5. #5
    CyberTaz
    Guest

    Re: spreadsheet gridlines as graph paper

    Certainly possible, but the OP asked about changing the "Default", which to
    me means every new sheet of every new workbook be generated with 5mm sq. cell
    dimensions. I think it would be more practical to just buy a ream of graph
    paper

    Regards |:>)