How do I average a column without including zeros

  1. #1
    KMHarpe
    Guest

    How do I average a column without including zeros

    I want to average a column that is all percentages, but I want to excluding
    any cells with a 0%, what formula would I use? Thanks!!!

  2. #2
    Dave O
    Guest

    Re: How do I average a column without including zeros

    There may be a snappy built-in function in Excel to do this, but until
    someone responds with it, this formula will work:
    =SUM(D1:D5)/COUNTIF(D1:D5,"<>0")

    .... where D1:D5 is the range containing your percentages.

  3. #3

    Re: How do I average a column without including zeros

    Maybe..

    =SUM(A1:A10)/COUNTIF(A1:A10,"<>"&0)

  4. #4

    Averaging

    Probably not a good idea to average %s anyway. Get your average from the data.