Formula Refreshing

  1. #1
    j_aguar_1981
    Guest

    Formula Refreshing

    This is probably quite a 'noob' question to most of you, but I have an excel
    spreadsheet set up for a month by month profit and loss that uses formulas to
    calculate subtotals/totals/balances both accross and down for me.

    However when I enter or edit information into the cells that the formulas
    relate to, the totals do not update, it isn't until I actually edit and then
    accept the formula cell afterwards that the updated value appears.

    If I happen to miss 'updating' the formula in one cell then all other
    balances remain as were previously calculated. This is quite frustrating and
    I'm sure there is just an option or something that I'm missing somewhere.
    Please help.

  2. #2
    Ron Coderre
    Guest

    Re: Formula Refreshing

    Try this from the Excel main menu:

    Tools>Options>Calculation.....Select "Automatic".
    (You probably have "Manual" selected)

    Does that help?

    Regards,
    Ron

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    j_aguar_1981
    Guest

    Re: Formula Refreshing

    Yes it did Ron, thank you very much for your help, I knew it would be an
    option or something I'd missed somewhere.

    Regards, Jason