Order of selecting unprotected cells

  1. #1
    sp2 tester
    Guest

    Order of selecting unprotected cells

    I was wondering if anyone could assist me with an Excel 2003 problem I am
    trying to solve?

    I have a worksheet which has majority of it's cells protected. There are
    only 5 cells which the user is allowed to select and enter information. The
    first 2 cells are directly underneath each other eg: C6 + C7. I have another
    2 cells which are unprotected B8 + B9. The final cell which is unprotected is
    D5. The end user needs to enter information in cells C6 and C7 first, then
    enter information into B8 and B9 second, then finally enter information into
    D5. While using the enter key, cells C6 and C7 work fine, but the problem is
    that Excel 2003 then jumps to cell D5 instead of cells B8 and B9. Does anyone
    know how I can tell Excel to jump from cell C7 to B8 that will work in older
    versions of Excel as well?

    Thanx

  2. #2
    Mike
    Guest

    RE: Order of selecting unprotected cells

    Use the mouse to leave a cell instead of the enter key.
    Works in earlier versions of Excel.

    Or make another column with five unprotected cells.
    select c6 and hit the = then select the first cell in that other column and
    hit enter.
    repeat for the others in the order that you want
    then protect the original unprotected cells.
    Then they go enter data in that one column and use the enter key.

  3. #3
    RagDyeR
    Guest

    Re: Order of selecting unprotected cells

    One way is to use a "named range".

    Check out this old post:

    http://tinyurl.com/39vzv

    --