Paste into Excel w/o Text to Columns

  1. #1

    Paste into Excel w/o Text to Columns

    I have a bunch of data (from Emails) that I need to transfer from a
    Fixed Width format into Excel.

    This AM, I pasted in about 10 messages worth, each message on it's own
    worksheet and then put together some sample metrics, etc on a summary
    page. Happy that I prettty much had what I wanted, including Macros to
    convert the data from Text-to-Columns, I started to paste in the rest
    of the data.

    However, this time around, Excel is automatically reformatting the data
    as Delimited as soon as I paste it in. How do I override this and force
    Excel to not perform the Text-to-Columns as it is pasted in?

    There is no Paste Special option to cover this.

  2. #2
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: Paste into Excel w/o Text to Columns

    Run TTC again on any data and untick all the delimiters so it leaves the
    data as is.

    --
    Regards
    Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03