Consolidating multiple worksheets

  1. #1
    Laura T.
    Guest

    Consolidating multiple worksheets

    I have multiple worksheets in one file. All have the same column headings,
    but the row information is different. Example: Joe Smith's information on
    Worksheet 1 may be on A5 but on Worksheet 2 he is on A10. I would like to
    show all of this in one file so that I can summarize and sort the
    information. Adding to the confusion, I need subtotals for each worksheet as
    they are for different items in the company. I see that I cannot do a pivot
    table from other posts but thought that a consolidation worksheet might be
    better. Problem is, I have never done one and am unsure as to how they work.
    I probably could use macros but am afraid that they will be messy. Please
    help me!

  2. #2

    Re: Consolidating multiple worksheets

    Add a column to each sheet that shows the item name.

    Then copy the data from both sheets into a new worksheet. (Include only one set
    of headers.)

    Then do your sorts/subtotals/pivottables.