Shading problem

  1. #1

    Shading problem

    I need help with this...please!

    Easiest way to explain this is...I have 40,000 lines of data that I need to look at. To make the data more readable for review, I want to seperate unique accounts with shading (i.e. records for account 1 are not shaded, records for account 2 are shaded, records for account 3 are not shaded,............etc).

    Please see attached excel file. Sheet 1 is raw data. Sheet 2 is the desired result.

    I am thinking I can create a macro or use some type of conditional formatting to create the desired result.

    Thanks in advance for any comments.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  2. #2
    bigwheel
    Guest

    RE: Shading problem

    Try something like this. You can pick your own colors by changing the
    ColorIndex or RGB values:-

    Sub colorcode()
    For nrow = 2 To 40000
    If Cells(nrow, 2) = "G52-555222" Then
    Range(Cells(nrow, 1), Cells(nrow, 7)).Interior.ColorIndex = 8
    ElseIf Cells(nrow, 2) = "W5H-222999" Then
    Range(Cells(nrow, 1), Cells(nrow, 7)).Interior.Color = RGB(255,
    255, 192)
    ElseIf Cells(nrow, 2) = "M52-999222" Then
    Range(Cells(nrow, 1), Cells(nrow, 7)).Interior.Color = RGB(204,
    255, 204)
    Else
    Range(Cells(nrow, 1), Cells(nrow, 7)).Interior.Color = RGB(255,
    255, 255)
    End If
    Next
    Range("a1").Select
    End Sub

  3. #3
    Jim Cone
    Guest

    Re: Shading problem

    mcnenny,

    My Excel add-in "Shade Data Rows" does that.
    It will shade groups of like valued rows or will shade by every nth row.
    Choice of shade colors and an option to skip hidden rows.
    Comes with a one page Word.doc install/use file.
    It is free upon direct request. Remove XXX from my email address.
    Jim Cone
    San Francisco, USA
    [email protected]XX

    "mcnenny"

    <[email protected]>

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4

    Exactly What I Needed!

    Perfect solution. This is exactly what I was looking for. Saves me a tremendous amount of work!!! Thanks for the tip.