'$'

  1. #1
    Kamran
    Guest

    '$'

    Please define in some of the excel formulas and function we '$' (Doller sign)
    what is its function in cell ranges and why it is written like this in few of
    the formulas; =IF($A$1=100,.....), and what we call this function.... plz
    reply...

    With kind regards,
    Kamran

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: '$'

    It locks that cell reference, so if it is copied to another cell, it will
    still refer to the same source.

    So in your example, if that formula is in B1, and you copy it to B2, it will
    still say =IF($A$1=100,...).

    If it were relative, =IF(A1=100,...), it would get updated to
    =IF(A2=100,...)

    RP

    news:[email protected]...