Hyperlink Text in Cell

  1. #1
    Jason
    Guest

    Hyperlink Text in Cell

    I thought this would be pretty straight forward but I guess I was wrong. I
    want to create a hyperlink to a web site within a cell. But, I have a large
    amount of text in the cell and I don't want the whole cell hyperlinked - just
    the one word.

    Can this be done?

  2. #2
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: Hyperlink Text in Cell

    Not directly. I've faked it by formatting the word(s) as a hyperlink and
    placing a borderless transparent textbox with the hyperlink over the
    words (set to move and size with cells).

  3. #3
    Jason
    Guest

    Re: Hyperlink Text in Cell

    thanks. you would think there would be an easier way to handle this.

  4. #4
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: Hyperlink Text in Cell

    In article <[email protected]>,
    "Jason" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > you would think there would be an easier way to handle this.

    No, I wouldn't. Hyperlinks are a relatively new add-on to a relatively
    old object structure.

    I rarely, if ever, find the need to use hyperlinks in my XL
    applications, though some clients request them.

  5. #5
    Jason
    Guest

    Re: Hyperlink Text in Cell

    you must work at microsoft.

  6. #6
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: Hyperlink Text in Cell

    In article <[email protected]>,
    "Jason" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > you must work at microsoft.

    Nope - never have, likely never will.

    If I worked for MS, I'd probably use hyperlinks all over the place. Eye
    candy and marginal features seem to take precedence there over actually
    doing things efficiently.