how to print

  1. #1
    reneabesmer
    Guest

    how to print

    dear friends. i have data in a WorkSheet. there are hundreds of records.
    some time i need to print different rows. For example
    i have rows from 1 to 2000
    and i want to print row No 3 , 66 , 100 , 200, 1050,453,987,235,
    so i do it manually and i copy them and paste them in another worksheet
    which is really a hard task. so i want to know the easiest way how to print
    my desire rows on one page. like is there any possibility to select my desire
    rows and then select them like set" print area" etc
    if any body may help must be appreciated.
    thanks.
    Paki Guy

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    6,195
    I am not aware of any clever way to do this, but I would use a helper sheet, firstly copy your worksheet and on a blank Sheet2 select A1 and Paste Special and select Formats to copy the column formats.

    Next, for each row required in column A put
    =Sheet1!a1
    where the !A1 increments as !A3, !A66, !A100 etc
    when you have all the A columns set, select them all together and formula-drag them across as many rows as are used.
    (to formula-drag, drag the small + sign in the bottom right corner of the selection)

    This will give you a copy as required for printing, will allow you to re-sequence the printed rows, and will be available for following months, and it's easy to do.
    You will need to take care with empty cells, they may show as 0 in the copy.

    Hope this helps

    Quote Originally Posted by reneabesmer

  3. #3
    Jim May
    Guest

    Re: how to print

    use data auto-filter - then print your selected/visable cells.
    Then Unfilter to view all your records.
    HTH

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4

    Re: how to print

    Just to add to Jim's reply.

    I'd insert a helper column (say a new column A). But don't include it in your
    print range.

    Then use an indicator in that column for the rows you want to print (X = print,
    blank = don't print).

    Then filter by that column to show X's.
    then print
    then data|filter|show all.

  5. #5
    reneabesmer
    Guest

    Re: how to print

    Hiii , i am sorry i know other methodes how to print different Rows in the
    same page but i thought may be Various print areas may help me so that's why
    i asked the question.
    anyhow still looking forwad that someone may help me

  6. #6
    Dodo
    Guest

    Re: how to print

    "=?Utf-8?B?cmVuZWFiZXNtZXI=?=" <[email protected]>
    wrote in news:[email protected]:

    > Hiii , i am sorry i know other methodes how to print different Rows in
    > the same page but i thought may be Various print areas may help me so
    > that's why i asked the question.
    > anyhow still looking forwad that someone may help me

    Normally, if you select non-contiguous ranges for printing (select the
    ranges whilst depressing Ctrl, go through File/Print area/Define), they
    land on separate pages.

    Ron de Bruin offers a solution with a macro and a function:

    http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm

    Printing non-contiguous areas on one page

    I have not tested this so I donot know how it works.
    It would be nice if you could set the ranges to be printed when running
    the macro.

    And I found this amazing piece of info about a hidden feature in Excel:

    http://www.theofficeexperts.com/foru...php/t-967.html

    Maybe labour intensive to use in your situation too, but . . . . play
    with it.

    Another simple way maybe slighty less time consuming:

    http://www.exceltip.com/st/Adding_non-
    contiguous_ranges_to_a_single_contiguous_range_for_printing_in_Microsoft_
    Excel/199.html
    Too long? TinyURLed: http://heh.pl/&1rv

    There is probably a lot more to find with a google for:

    excel non contiguous print area

    It is really flabbergasting when roaming the internet and see what nice
    solutions to problems people have devised!!

    --

    It is I, DeauDeau
    (Free after monsieur Leclerc in 'Allo, 'allo)