saving invoices

  1. #1
    Marlis
    Guest

    saving invoices

    I have set up an invoice template. I want to save each invoice in two
    seperate workbooks without having to hit "save as". I want one to go into a
    folder where I can track payments with the invoice number, and the other to
    save using name. How can I do this?

  2. #2

    RE: saving invoices

    Try this macro:

    I've attached the Excel file I used to write this for your benefit, too.

    Sub Save_Twice_Under_Different_Names()
    '
    '**********************************************************
    '****************** Code by Excel_Geek ********************
    '**********************************************************
    '
    ' This macro saves the active workbook twice in two different locations
    ' with two different names -- the first name being the invoice number,
    ' and the second being the customer name.

    ' The "K:\" part of this line should be the complete directory string
    ' for the location you want to save the file with the Invoice Number name.
    ' Range("INVOICE") refers to the cell with the invoice number in it, which
    ' I've named "INVOICE".
    ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="K:\" & Range("INVOICE").Value & ".xls"

    ' The "K:\" part of this line should be the complete directory string
    ' for the location you want to save the file with the Customer Name name.
    ' Range("INVOICE") refers to the cell with the customer name in it, which
    ' I've named "CUSTOMERNAME".
    ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="K:\" & Range("CUSTOMERNAME").Value & ".xls"

    End Sub
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Excel_Geek
    http://blog.excelgeek.com/

    "...I'll do that in Excel for $50..."

  3. #3
    Marlis
    Guest

    Re: saving invoices

    I get "invalid file attachment" when I click on your link.

  4. #4

    RE: saving invoices

    Marlis,

    I have noticed that as well. It looks like the link given:

    http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=3707

    is incorrect.

    It should be...

    http://www.excelforum.com/attachment...achmentid=3707

    Notice that the query string at the end should read "attachmentid=3707" not "postid=3707.

    Give it a try...