Date & Day of Week

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor
    TN
    MS-Off Ver
    Microsoft 365

    Date & Day of Week

    I have a simple time sheet for calculating my hours worked for a two week pay period. In one column, I have the dates of the pay period. In the next column, I have the day of the week.

    Is there a formula I can use that will auto insert the day of the week according to the date I insert in the date column?

    DATE WEEKDAY
    D4=Date E4=???

    Thanx.

  2. #2
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Date & Day of Week

    Hi

    Use =D4 in cell E4

    Then format the cell like this
    Select E4
    Format>Cells in the men bar
    Custom on the number tab and fill in dddd

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor
    TN
    MS-Off Ver
    Microsoft 365
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron de Bruin
    Hi

    Use =D4 in cell E4

    Then format the cell like this
    Select E4
    Format>Cells in the men bar
    Custom on the number tab and fill in dddd

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

    "Ltat42a" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > I have a simple time sheet for calculating my hours worked for a two
    > week pay period. In one column, I have the dates of the pay period. In
    > the next column, I have the day of the week.
    >
    > Is there a formula I can use that will auto insert the day of the week
    > according to the date I insert in the date column?
    >
    > DATE WEEKDAY
    > D4=Date E4=???
    >

    > Thanx.
    >

    > --