The -- is a double unary minus which forces the Sumproduct function to
Convert True and False answers to 1's and 0's. More confused now?

There is a great explanation of Sumproduct at

and further explanation of the double unary minus from Bob Phillips and
Harlan Grove at
http://tinyurl.com/bv42x

Hope this helps
Rowan