Disable Date Recognition

  1. #1
    Saxman
    Guest

    Disable Date Recognition

    Is there any way within Excel whereby I can disable date recognition? I
    often copy data from an HTML page and paste it into Excel. Even if I
    select 'paste special'/'text', I still have problem with data like
    10-12, and 5/6.

    I can overcome this by importing data/new web query/options/disable date
    recognition, but it appears to be a bit long-winded compared to copy/paste.

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Christene
    Guest

    RE: Disable Date Recognition

    Highlight the column where the date is going, right click, format cells, go
    to the number tab and choose the format you would like the date in.

  3. #3
    bill gras
    Guest

    RE: Disable Date Recognition

    At last another punter !
    Lookup "numbers contain hyphens(norman jones)"
    in excel.programming , you will find what you are
    looking for.Norman has a macro that works perfect.
    I'm using it my self

    regards Bill Gras

    --
    bill gras