No Horizontal Scroll Bar

  1. #1
    Screen/Display size
    Guest

    No Horizontal Scroll Bar

    In Excel 2002 Sp2 in this 1 spreadsheet I cannot get the Horizontal Scroll
    Bar to appear. I have checked the box in Tools --> Options --> View -- The
    Vertical bar is there but not the Horizontal.

    This is the only s/s in which this problem occurs

    Thanks for any help you can give

  2. #2

    Re: No Horizontal Scroll Bar

    Can you see the worksheet tabs?

    If no (and you have them checked in that tools|options|view), then I'd guess
    that your window is just off the visible screen.

    Window|arrange|tiled (and resize manually)

    If you can see them, then that "row" of worksheet tabs is split too far to the
    right.

    Move your cursor to the far right (keeping it even with the worksheet tabs).
    You'll see a vertical bar to the right of those tabs. Click on the leftmost
    vertical bar and drag it back toward the center.

    If you drag the leftmost vertical bar, you'll be adding a split to the window
    (not what you want).

    Alternatively, you could do this:
    hit alt-f11 (to get to the VBE)
    hit ctrl-g (to see the immediate window)
    type this and hit enter:

    ActiveWindow.TabRatio = 0.5