calculator

  1. #1
    Colin2u
    Guest

    calculator

    is there a formula or a calculator that can be placed in a cell to SUM up the
    value or difference amount and gives a total in a specific requested cell. i
    am bringing different # amount to be totaled and placed in requested cells of
    choise.

  2. #2
    Bernard Liengme
    Guest

    Re: calculator

    Please try rephrasing question (maybe with example)
    You have a range of cells with numbers. What do you want to SUM?
    --
    Bernard V Liengme
    www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Colin2u
    Guest

    Re: calculator

    I would like to have a calculator that will calculator 2-3 or more
    calculations of different amount and have the result or total be placed in a
    specified or requested cell.

  4. #4
    Jerry W. Lewis
    Guest

    Re: calculator

    An example might help interpret what you are trying to say.

    Have you looked at Help for the SUM function?

    Jerry

  5. #5
    Colin2u
    Guest

    Re: calculator

    at the end of the week I gather my and input the expences for different
    catigories. some catigories has different sub-catigories and each has their
    own input of $ amount. Eg: My Family Budget Plan with diffeerent catigories
    and Sub-catigories.
    catigorie "House"
    sub-catigorie: utilitiy / Tel. / rent / Groceries ...
    thus the same for other main catigories
    each sub-catigories has different $ amount input so its hard to keep
    manually totaling (different Grocery totals) and then entering that total aas
    one entry for the sub-catigory "Groceries".

  6. #6
    Forum Guru
    North America
    MS-Off Ver
    2002/XP and 2007
    Posts
    15,811
    My standard approach to such a problem is to place the raw "grocery" data in another part of the worksheet (or maybe another worksheet in the same workbook). Then the "grocery" cell can become =sum(aa1:aa10) where aa1:aa10 is the range where you put the raw grocery data.