How do I open an "excel spreadsheet file, extention .xls"?

  1. #1
    Kameron Lewis
    Guest

    How do I open an "excel spreadsheet file, extention .xls"?

    I recieved an e-mail from a friend and it was an "excel spreadsheet file,
    extention .xls" and when I tried to open it with certain programs on my
    computer and none of them could open them. I guess the information couldn't
    transfer or something.

  2. #2
    Earl Kiosterud
    Guest

    Re: How do I open an "excel spreadsheet file, extention .xls"?

    Kameron,

    To open an xls file, you'll need the Excel program, or the free Excel
    viewer. Microsoft Word can open xls files, but don't save over the same
    name, or the formulas and other spreadsheet functionality will be trashed.
    I don't know what they're smoking at the Word shop.
    --
    Earl Kiosterud
    www.smokeylake.com

    news:[email protected]...