Getting Excel on new computer to show dates like on old

  1. #1
    MichaelC
    Guest

    Getting Excel on new computer to show dates like on old

    I recently bought new computer. Had a load of excel files which I transferred
    over.
    The only problem now is where before the dates showed in the format
    "dd/mm/yy" they now show up as "dd/mm/yyyy" even though it's the same file.
    This is a major problem as the new date doesn;t fit and gets displayed as
    "######" since the date colum needs to be short to fit all data on the
    printed page. I thought that things like this get saved in the file.

    Does anyone know of a way to get dates to display dd/mm/yy without having to
    change all the dates in each individual file separately?
    Many thanks in advance,
    Michael

  2. #2
    Bill Kuunders
    Guest

    Re: Getting Excel on new computer to show dates like on old

    go to control panel,,,,regional language options,,,,customize,,,,,date.

    hope that helps

    --
    Greetings from New Zealand
    Bill K
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: Getting Excel on new computer to show dates like on old

    This is a setting under Start-->Settings-->Control Panel, Date tab. It's the
    "short date".
    Anne Troy
    www.OfficeArticles.com