Jump directly to new cell

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor
    Denmark
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 365

    Jump directly to new cell

    I have a spreadsheet which is used as a scheme where you are to fill in only a few of the cells. Other cells contain headings or descriptions or results of calculations based on what you write in the fill-in cells. They are of course protected.

    My question is how to make the cursor jump from the one fill-in cell to the next, bypassing all info-, descrip- and calc cells. Pressing ENTER repeatedly should make the cursor cycle through all the fill-in cells, and ONLY the fill-in cells.

    Is this possible in Excel?

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Jump directly to new cell

    Take a look at http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0008.html

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Marcus Langell
    Guest

    RE: Jump directly to new cell

    If you unlock the editable cells and then protect the sheet, you can tab
    through the editable cells. But if you want it to work for the enter key as
    well I think you have to construct a macro.

    /Marcus

  4. #4
    Forum Contributor
    Denmark
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 365
    I have thought of a macro, but then hoped, that it somehow were possible to protect the cells in a such a way, that you can't even to put the cursor on the cell.

    I tried the other excel-FAQ site, but it does'nt work. If I hit the TAB-key the cursor just jumps to column P regardless of protections and other stuff.

    I think I will have to go for the macro. Can anyone give a hint of how to make the ENTER botton execute a macro? It ought to be possible to make this without being forced to operate the mouse.

  5. #5
    Forum Contributor
    Denmark
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 365
    And by the way - how do you stop executing the macro, while you enter the figures in a cell?

  6. #6
    NlCO
    Guest
    It's much easier !!!!
    Select the cells you want them to edit and unlock them,
    then when you're ready protect the page only allowing users to select unlocked cells, and that's all.
    Every time they press enter it will move to the next unlocked cell.

    Saludos

    NlCO

  7. #7
    Forum Contributor
    Denmark
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 365
    Hola NICO

    This is Excel 2000. I can only make it protect Contents, Objects and Scenarios, nothing about not allowing acces to cells.
    How can I make it do that?

    un saludo, NSV