Drop-down arrow (Data-Validation-List) disappears (Excel 2003)

  1. #1
    Ron Rosenfeld
    Guest

    Re: Drop-down arrow (Data-Validation-List) disappears (Excel 2003)

    On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 03:46:03 -0700, "CaraVanTea"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I'm very much used to working with the different possibilities of the
    >Data-Validation feature and am pretty satisfied with it. Nevertheless for no
    >apparent reason sometimes the arrow indicating that there is a dropdown-list
    >available disappears. Strange enough the parameters are yet correct (eg. the
    >zone determining the cells to appear in the list is still correct).
    >
    >Has anyone an explanation/solution for this problem?

    I don't suppose the In-cell dropdown option has become de-selected?

    --ron

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Drop-down arrow (Data-Validation-List) disappears (Excel 2003)

    Have you run any code to delete shapes, buttons or such like?

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    CaraVanTea
    Guest

    Re: Drop-down arrow (Data-Validation-List) disappears (Excel 2003)

    Hi Ron,

    No, the "in-cell dropdown" remains selected.

  5. #5
    CaraVanTea
    Guest

    Re: Drop-down arrow (Data-Validation-List) disappears (Excel 2003)

    Neither nor. No specific or complexe intervention was executed on the file.

  6. #6
    Arvi Laanemets
    Guest

    Re: Drop-down arrow (Data-Validation-List) disappears (Excel 2003)

    Hi

    Haven't you used Freeze Panes with column with data validation as rightmost
    fixed one?

    --
    Arvi Laanemets
    ( My real mail address: arvil<at>tarkon.ee )

  7. #7
    CaraVanTea
    Guest

    Re: Drop-down arrow (Data-Validation-List) disappears (Excel 2003)

    Hi Arvi,

    No, nor Freeze Panes nor Split Windows. Is there any way I could send you
    guys the file in question? (am for the first time on this discussion forum)

  8. #8
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Drop-down arrow (Data-Validation-List) disappears (Excel 2003)

    I am happy to take a look. Note the spam filter in my addy which needs to be
    removed - the nothere

  9. #9
    CaraVanTea
    Guest

    Re: Drop-down arrow (Data-Validation-List) disappears (Excel 2003)

    I posted it to you a moment ago - hope it went through well.

    Thanks in advance for having a look at it.

  10. #10
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Drop-down arrow (Data-Validation-List) disappears (Excel 2003)

    Have you look in Tools>Options View
    See the Objects line

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

  11. #11
    CaraVanTea
    Guest

    Re: Drop-down arrow (Data-Validation-List) disappears (Excel 2003)

    Hi Ron,

    The "Tools>Options>View" is on "Show all". Guess that's correct.

  12. #12
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Drop-down arrow (Data-Validation-List) disappears (Excel 2003)

    Yes that is correct.

    Have Bob reply to you when you send him the workbook?

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

  13. #13
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Drop-down arrow (Data-Validation-List) disappears (Excel 2003)

    never got it.

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  14. #14
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Drop-down arrow (Data-Validation-List) disappears (Excel 2003)

    Hi Bob

    > never got it.

    Ahaaa

    Hi CaraVanTea

    You can send it to me also if you want.
    I use a real mail address in this newsgroup.

    I will send it to Bob when I don't see the problem

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

  15. #15
    CaraVanTea
    Guest

    Re: Drop-down arrow (Data-Validation-List) disappears (Excel 2003)

    Okay, I sent it off - trust it worked.

  16. #16
    CaraVanTea
    Guest

    Re: Drop-down arrow (Data-Validation-List) disappears (Excel 2003)

    Addendum

    Ron,

    There's actually another quite strange behaviour: If you doubleclick on the
    Column-Width (column A) an error report will be generated. If you open the
    restored file afterwards, the dropdown reappears.

    Nevertheless it doesn't give me the answer why it disappears in the first
    place....

    Good luck

  17. #17
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Drop-down arrow (Data-Validation-List) disappears (Excel 2003)

    Hi

    See my question in your mail box

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin