HOW DO I PRINT USING A MACRO?

  1. #1
    JeffC
    Guest

    HOW DO I PRINT USING A MACRO?

    Can anyone tell me EXACTLY how to write and save a macro that will print 4
    ranges from an Excel Worksheet?
    Never used VB before hence need a lot of help.
    Thanks.

  2. #2
    paul
    Guest

    RE: HOW DO I PRINT USING A MACRO?

    if you have no macro experience you can "record" a macro.
    Tools>Macro>Record New Macro,you can give it your own name by typing in the
    box which will normally contain macro 1
    You need to be absolutely clear in your mind what you need to do because
    when you press ok every menu choice and key stroke is being recorded,go
    through your normal range selection and print procedure,at the end press the
    stop recording button which should be floating on your spreadsheet.You now
    have a print macro.However without modification it will always choose the
    exact same ranges you just did.To run the macro press alt and F8
    together,select your macro and press run.....
    --
    paul
    remove nospam for email addy!

  3. #3
    FSt1
    Guest

    RE: HOW DO I PRINT USING A MACRO?

    hi jeff,
    if the ranges never change in size, you can to that on macro record.

    Tools>macro>record new macro.

    print the four ranges while the recorder is on. when done, turn the recorder
    off.

    Tools>macro>macros

    when the macro dialog box comes up, highlight the macro then click edit.
    there's your print macro.

    post back if this seems too simple.

    Regards
    FSt1