How do I combine spreadsheets and documents in one file?

  1. #1
    Trish
    Guest

    How do I combine spreadsheets and documents in one file?

    I'd like to know if it's possible to have Excel spreadsheets and Word
    documents all in the same file. For example, one of my employees updates a
    particular spreadsheet monthly and also sends out a memo with the Excel data.
    Instead of having two separate files, can they be grouped?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Jim Cone
    Guest

    Re: How do I combine spreadsheets and documents in one file?

    Trish,

    If the employee and the recipients are using xl 97 then "Office Binder"
    provides the functionality you desire.
    However, the office suite was "improved" in later versions by removing
    the Binder utility.

    You could copy the word document and insert it into Excel worksheet
    as an icon. Then the recipient can double- click the icon to automatically
    open Word with the document displayed.

    Jim Cone
    San Francisco, USA

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Michael
    Guest

    RE: How do I combine spreadsheets and documents in one file?

    Trish, the way I combine the 2, if they do not need to be edited by the
    recipient, is to create a PDF fi.e.
    --
    Sincerely, Michael Colvin