Toolbars Created in Excel 2002 not available in 2003

  1. #1
    VBA Fun
    Guest

    Toolbars Created in Excel 2002 not available in 2003

    I have not been able to get a toolbar created in Excell 2002 to be visible in
    Excel 2003.

    I have copied the excel10.xlb file to the appropriate location.

    I have attemped to follow Help instructions (IE> open .xlb file). I have
    even attempted to simply rename the Excel10.xlb file to Excel11.xlb. In any
    scenario, it does not appear upon opening Excel, nor is it listed as an
    option to activate(make it visible) from the list of toolbars.

    I appreciate any suggestions.

    ----VBA Fun

  2. #2

    Re: Toolbars Created in Excel 2002 not available in 2003

    Open excel 2003.
    Tools|customize|and create a new toolbar
    close excel

    windows start button|search
    look for that *.xlb you just updated/created.
    (remember to look in hidden folders, too)

    Make a note of the name and folder location.

    Copy your old version to this folder.
    Delete the "temporary" *.xlb you just created.
    rename the old version to the new name.

    Start excel and see what happens.

    I'd also delete any other *.xlb files I found in other folders, too.

    ===
    But you may want to take the time to manually create that toolbar. It might
    give you a reason to look through all the new things(?) that were added between
    2002 and 2003.

  3. #3
    VBA Fun
    Guest

    Re: Toolbars Created in Excel 2002 not available in 2003

    Thanks for the feedback. Unfortuantely it did not solve my problem. I had
    placed the excel10.xlb file in the folder C:\Documents and
    Settings\xxxxxxx\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel. When I open Excel and
    look to select one of the toolbars created in Excel 2002 on a different
    computer, the toolbars are not listed as a available to select.

    I then proceeded to create a new toolbar and exit Excel. I then looked at
    the excel10.xlb file and saw that the date had been updated. So I assume I'm
    looking at the correct file...but there was/is no sign of the original
    toolbars.

    Any further suggestions?

    Thanks in advance
    --
    VBA Fun

  4. #4

    Re: Toolbars Created in Excel 2002 not available in 2003

    I'd still move all the *.xlb files to a different folder. Then create the new
    one and use that location/name for the new name of the old *.xlb file.