How can I protect a worksheet yet allow editing in Excel 2000

  1. #1
    jimar
    Guest

    How can I protect a worksheet yet allow editing in Excel 2000

    I am creating a spreadsheet for users who are using Excel 2000 and I would
    like to protect the worksheet yet still allow users to edit a range of cells
    in the worksheet. By just applying a password to the worksheet I would have
    to rely on the other users remembering to put the password back on again once
    they finished entering their data. I know that this facility is available in
    later versions of Excel ie Allow users to edit ranges and I was wondering
    if there is a way to replicate it in Excel 2000.

  2. #2
    Wackyracer
    Guest

    RE: How can I protect a worksheet yet allow editing in Excel 2000

    You could locate the cells that can be edited and use Format>Cells>Protection
    and un-tick the locked option. Then when the file is protected only these
    cells can be changed.
    --
    Loose, fast and on the edge.