Cell color change without using conditional formatting

  1. #1
    Trese
    Guest

    Cell color change without using conditional formatting

    I have a multi-tab workbook with several checklists.
    Once item on list is complete owner puts YES in status box and cell turns
    green.
    I have a combined list of all the tabs on another sheet.
    I need the combined list to pull the YES response from each individual
    checklist tab and also turn Green.

    Conditional formatting will not allow cross worksheet actions. Is there
    another way to pull all the YES data into the overall checklist?

    thanks
    Trese

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Cell color change without using conditional formatting

    Trese,

    Conditional Formating WILL allow cross worksheet actions, but the cell(s)
    referenced on the other worksheet must use an Excel Name
    (Insert>Name>define...) and refer to that name, or else INDIRECT the
    reference.

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    JR
    Guest

    RE: Cell color change without using conditional formatting

    ....conditionally format the combined sheet using the cell values that are
    being brought over from the other sheets. You don't need to reference the
    other sheets. (if "cell value" =yes, then green)