Excel Starts up w/a Personal Macro page

  1. #1
    Parker
    Guest

    Excel Starts up w/a Personal Macro page

    Hello All,

    I have a client that when opening Excel from the shortcut on the desktop it
    opens a "personal" file(named at the top next to Excel in the Program title)
    that she didn't create, that can contain multiple macros?!?. If they click
    on file then new the new workbook will then open fine. There is nothing in
    the xlstart folder. Using Office 2000 Pro on Xp Pro. Any Idea how this
    happened and how to stop it from opening this way?

    Thank You for Any Responses In Advance

  2. #2
    David Hepner
    Guest

    RE: Excel Starts up w/a Personal Macro page

    Did you check

    Tools>Options>General>At startup, open all files in:

  3. #3
    Parker
    Guest

    Re: Excel Starts up w/a Personal Macro page

    Thank You for the response David. I dont see that in that tab in options.
    Anywhere else to look?

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4

    Re: Excel Starts up w/a Personal Macro page

    tools|options|general tab
    "at startup, open all files in:" <xl2002+ wording>
    "Alternate Startup File location" <before xl2002 wording>

    And don't forget to look in _all_ the XLStart folders (there could be more than
    one based on the upgrade path).

    And look under Tools|Addins, too.

  5. #5
    Parker
    Guest

    Re: Excel Starts up w/a Personal Macro page

    Yes and nothing was there. I ended up just hiding the Personal Workbook and
    that did the trick. The Clients happy so I appreciate your help. Thanks
    Again!!