How do I multiply the whole sheet by a number

  1. #1
    Ed1939
    Guest

    How do I multiply the whole sheet by a number

    I have budgeted in US$ instead of the local currency. Now, do to the dollar
    drop, y have to change the budget and would like to multiply the sheets by
    one factor.
    I use Office xp

  2. #2
    Andy Wiggins
    Guest

    Re: How do I multiply the whole sheet by a number

    Here's a way to perform currency conversions:
    http://www.bygsoftware.com/Excel/Int...conversion.htm

    --
    Andy Wiggins FCCA
    www.BygSoftware.com

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Earl Kiosterud
    Guest

    Re: How do I multiply the whole sheet by a number

    Ed,

    If you want to make a permanent converson of the values in the cell, put the
    multiplier in a cell, and Copy. Now select the cells to be converted and
    Paste Special - Multiply.

    It seems, however, that if you've done the budget in USD, you'd want to have
    a separate column with the converted values (per the current rate to local)
    with a simple formula.
    --
    Earl Kiosterud
    www.smokeylake.com