adding text

  1. #1
    Kelli
    Guest

    adding text

    I have a column of numbers. I want to add "shercs" to them all w/o having to
    type the whole column over. Is this possible

  2. #2
    Dave O
    Guest

    Re: adding text

    Yes: supposing your column of numbers is col. A, in a different column
    type
    ="shercs"&A1

  3. #3
    FSt1
    Guest

    RE: adding text

    hi,
    i would guess that the easiest, least complicated way would be to use the a
    formula
    assuming that your column of numbers is in column A.
    Add a column after column A.
    in the blank cell B2 enter....
    ="shercs" &A2) or =A2 & "shercs" depencing which side of the number you want
    shercs on.
    then copy down.
    copy column the pastespecial paste as values. this will turn the forumlas in
    to hard data.

    Retards
    FSt1

  4. #4
    Jay
    Guest

    Re: adding text

    > I have a column of numbers. I want to add "shercs" to them all w/o
    > having to type the whole column over. Is this possible

    One way is to use:
    Format >> cells >> Number >> Custom
    And put something like this in the "Type"
    #,##0.00 "shercs"

    This changes the display of the numbers, but the cells still are numeric.
    So you can use them in arithmetic formulas.