How can I get data from one worksheet into another exsiting worksh

  1. #1
    Sabrina
    Guest

    How can I get data from one worksheet into another exsiting worksh

    Here is my case:
    I already have 2 worksheets both include 2 columns: Cell & Site Name.

    WorkSheet A includes all the cells and site names;
    WorkSheet B includes only a small portion of Cells. Now what I need to do is
    to get the site name for each cell in worksheet B. I don't want to manually
    copy & paste.

    Is there any way to speed up?
    Thanx!

    Cell Site Name
    T50MB7
    T73MA7
    T73MA8
    T73MA9
    T04MV9
    T04MW7
    T34MK7
    T34MK8
    T51ME1
    T51ME2
    T51ME3
    T04MV1
    T34OR2
    T34OR7
    T34OR8

  2. #2
    Elisabeth
    Guest

    RE: How can I get data from one worksheet into another exsiting worksh

    Sabrina, you can use the VLOOKUP formula to fill in your Site Names in
    Worksheet B.

    Example: =VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet1!$A$2:$B$5,2,FALSE)

    A2 would be the first Cell in Worksheet B
    Sheet1!$A$2:$B$5 would be the complete list (range) in Worksheet A
    2 represents the column number of the data you are "calling" from Worksheet A
    FALSE setting allows you to get correct results if your range in Worksheet A
    isn't sorted in ascending order

    Excel's help system does a pretty good job of explaining how to use the
    VLOOKUP formula as does several Excel books out there. Hope this helps!
    --
    Elisabeth

  3. #3
    Sabrina
    Guest

    RE: How can I get data from one worksheet into another exsiting wo

    Thanx, Elisabeth.

    I figured it out yesterday. It works perfect!

    Sab.