Merge an alpha field and a numeric field

  1. #1
    grams
    Guest

    Merge an alpha field and a numeric field

    I would like to merge an alpha field with a numberic field. Not sure it this
    is possible.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Bob Umlas, Excel MVP
    Guest

    RE: Merge an alpha field and a numeric field

    How do you want to merge them - put the 2 results into another cell? Then you
    can use =A1&B1 (assuming the alpha & numeric fields are in A1 & B1!)
    Do you mean Merge Cells? If 2 cells both contain data, then merging them
    will only keep the data in the upper left cell.
    Bob Umlas
    Excel MVP

  3. #3
    Mike
    Guest

    RE: Merge an alpha field and a numeric field

    Try =concatenate(a1,b2)

  4. #4

    Re: Merge an alpha field and a numeric field

    One more:

    =a1&" "&text(a2,"$0.00")
    or
    =a1&" is due on: " & text(a2,"mm/dd/yyyy")