You first need to make sure the active drive is V or it won't change:
ChDrive "V"
ChDir "V:\Netshare\Item Master Creation\2005 Item Request Submission"

After your MsgBox you have no save command! Try:
fileSaveName = Application.GetSaveAsFilename( _
fileFilter:="Text Files (*.txt), *.txt")
If fileSaveName <> False Then
If(MsgBox "Save as " & fileSaveName,vbYesNo+VbQuestion)=vbNo then exit
sub
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=fName, FileFormat:=xlNormal
End If
Bob Umlas
Excel MVP