Conditional Format-Can somone offer the correct syntax

  1. #1
    Fred
    Guest

    Conditional Format-Can somone offer the correct syntax

    I want to format the background of cell to a10 red if a10 is currently empty
    and the length of the string in a5 is 1.

    Can somone offer the correct syntax for the conditional format of a10 as
    everything I try fails.

    Thanks,
    Fred

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    re: Conditional Format-Can somone offer the correct syntax

    You need a condition of Formula is and a formula of

    =AND(A10="",LEN(A5)=1)

    RP