Forgot password

  1. #1
    sweetsue516
    Guest

    Forgot password

    I protected a worksheet so I could accept any changes made. Now I have
    forgotten my password. I tried to save it as a different copy it but the
    format followed.

  2. #2
    FSt1
    Guest

    RE: Forgot password

    hi,
    xl password protection is not that good. there are a number of 3rd party
    applications that will crack passwords.
    here are 2.

    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/password.htm
    http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html

    do a google. you'll find more.
    Regards
    FSt1

  3. #3
    Tim
    Guest

    Re: Forgot password

    Have a look Excel Password Recovery http://lastbit.com/excel

  4. #4
    Forum Expert dominicb's Avatar
    Lancashire, England
    MS-Off Ver
    MS Office 2000, 2003, 2007 & 2016 365
    Posts
    4,867

    Smile

    Good morning Sweetsue516

    Try this:

    Open your file. Create a blank new workbook. For each sheet in your protected workbook, click in the top left hand corner to highlight the whole sheet, right click and copy and then cross to the new workbook and copy your sheets in one by one. Then save your newly recreated sheet. If you've got a number of sheets it might be a bit of a pain and you may lose some aspects like custom views, or complicated formulae referencing external sources, but if you've got a relatively simple straightforward workbook it should be OK.

    HTH

    DominicB