how to open 1-2-3 files with excel

  1. #1
    Tanmen
    Guest

    how to open 1-2-3 files with excel

    I cannot open my old 1-2-3 files with excel. I need help.

  2. #2
    Valued Forum Contributor
    Verwood, Dorset, England
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanmen
    I cannot open my old 1-2-3 files with excel. I need help.
    Tanmen

    Try this:

    Open Excel > File > Open at the bottom of the dialogue box it says "Ffiles of type", click on the down arrow and scroll down to select Lotus 1-2-3 Files

    Hope this helps

    Paul

  3. #3
    Timothy L
    Guest

    Re: how to open 1-2-3 files with excel

    Office File Converter Pack

    This includes LOTUS32.CNV, which is the Lotus 123 converter. You should note that you can ONLY OPEN Lotus 123
    files with this converter.

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Gordon
    Guest

    Re: how to open 1-2-3 files with excel

    "Paul Sheppard"
    <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]
    > Tanmen Wrote:
    >> I cannot open my old 1-2-3 files with excel. I need help.

    > Tanmen
    >
    > Try this:
    >
    > Open Excel > File > Open at the bottom of the dialogue box it says
    > "Ffiles of type", click on the down arrow and scroll down to select
    > Lotus 1-2-3 Files
    >
    > Hope this helps
    >
    > Paul

    That only opens the old *.wk files - it won't open the newer *.123 files.
    (Or vice versa - can't remember which is newer!)

  5. #5
    Timothy L
    Guest

    Re: how to open 1-2-3 files with excel

    The only other option I could give to you is to download and install the Windows version of OpenOffice.org 2.0
    Beta 2 as it does open Lotus 123 files (ending in .wk1, .wks, and .123).

    You can find more information about OpenOffice.org at, well...
    http://www.openoffice.org/

    and you can download OpenOffice.org 2.0 Beta 2 here:
    http://download.openoffice.org/2.0beta2/index.html

    Select your language (most likely English), then under "Select your operating system" select "Windows". The
    last one which asks you to "Select your download site", select the location which is closest to you. So if you
    live in the United States, you should select one the "USA-" options.

    You should note that ONLY OpenOffice.org 2.0 Beta 2 has this converter (filter) at the time of this post. I'd
    assume that later versions will continue to have it, but I cannot say for sure.

    Also, I cannot tell you that this method will work, but you should give it a try.

    If you don't like to install or use beta software (like me), then you might want to wait for the final version
    of OpenOffice.org 2.0. I'm testing OpenOffice.org 2.0 Beta 2 on my other computer which I don't care much
    about or use very often. I just happened to notice that OpenOffice.org 2.0 Beta 2 could open these files when
    testing something in OpenOffice.org Calc.

    This may sound like too much of a hassle for you, but I hope it helps.