Variance Total for less than complete year?

  1. #1
    Enzo
    Guest

    Variance Total for less than complete year?

    Hi,

    I'm comparing monthly data for the current year 2005 with monthly data for
    2004 - easy-peasy for the month-on-month variance!

    My sheet has data for all 12 months of 2004, but I'm only filling in 2005
    data as it becomes available. However, I want to show an accumulated total
    variance to date - i.e. the 7 month totals (jan-Jul2005) v. the corresponding
    7 months totals for Jan-jul2004. How can I create a summing formula that
    adjusts accordingly?

    Many thanks,

    Enzo

  2. #2
    Enzo
    Guest

    RE: Variance Total for less than complete year?

    any ideas anyone?

    Enzo