unselecting not working anymore?

  1. #1
    Joe Magiera
    Guest

    unselecting not working anymore?

    I'm sure I recall that you could select multiple rows or columns, or even
    individual cells of data in a spread sheet by simply holding down the Ctrl
    key while clicking with your mouse, and if you wanted to unselect one of
    them, all you had to do was click on the row/column/cell again. Now I see
    the unselect no longer works. What gives? Is there a new way to unselect an
    item once you've selected it? When did this go away? I'm signed up for
    automatic updates so I'm guessing that's what happened. Or maybe I
    inadvertanly changed a application setting? Please help! I first noticed
    this at work, on Windows 2000, with Excel 2002 SP3, and now it's happening at
    home on Windows XP with Excel 2000. Any information would be appreciated.

    Joe

  2. #2
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: unselecting not working anymore?

    Hi Joe,
    You are probably thinking of selecting multiple sheet tabs and unselecting some.

    You cannot unselect cells from a selection in Excel.

    You can use a macro, see
    UnSelecting A Cell Or Area
    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/unselect.htm

    ---