Help with graph

  1. #1
    xgirl
    Guest

    Help with graph

    Hello, I am having trouble representing this data in a graph
    Column A = 17 Items
    Column B = September Reported
    Column C = September Actual
    Column D = October Reported
    Column E = October Actual
    .... to the end of the year
    I want to show each item with the numbers reported in contrast to the acutal.
    I can't get it into a format that is easily represented in a graph. Am I
    arranging my data incorrectly? What kind of graph should I use?

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    6,195
    Hi,

    You could create a (say Bar) chart from your data by selecting B1 and D1 (select B1, CTRL-click D1) and Insert Chart. On the Series tab, add a Series2 which is C1,E1 and complete the chart.

    However, it is better practice to set the data for a chart series to be contiguous cells, then the series can be easily adjusted to include additional months.

    If it is necessary that your B,C,D & E columns be preserved then you could use 'helper' cells that reflect the data but in sequence (asin the K area)

    See the attached for both charts.

    Quote Originally Posted by xgirl
    Hello, I am having trouble representing this data in a graph
    Column A = 17 Items
    Column B = September Reported
    Column C = September Actual
    Column D = October Reported
    Column E = October Actual
    .... to the end of the year
    I want to show each item with the numbers reported in contrast to the acutal.
    I can't get it into a format that is easily represented in a graph. Am I
    arranging my data incorrectly? What kind of graph should I use?
    Attached Files Attached Files

  3. #3
    xgirl
    Guest