Weekly and Monthly Subtotals

  1. #1
    ChuckW
    Guest

    Weekly and Monthly Subtotals

    Hi,

    I have a spreadsheet with six columns. They are Month, Day (day of the
    month), Weekly Number (this relates to how many weeks in a month), Total
    (daily sales Total), # of Sales and Daily Average. I created a subtotals
    line that sums the sales for a given week. I did this by having excel sum
    the total on a change in Week Number. This works fine. Now I want to sum
    the sales for the month. I obviously don't want to include the weekly
    subtotals in these figures since they can overlap per month. Can someone
    help with creating a second subtotal line that sums the monthly sales but
    excludes the weekly subtotals?

    Thanks,

    Month Day Week # Total # of Sales Daily Average
    June 1 1 $973.06 2 $486.53
    2 1 $1,067.05 3 $355.68
    3 1 $- 0
    1 Total $2,040.11 5 $408.02
    6 2 $1,018.80 1 $1,018.80
    7 2 $648.65 4 $162.16
    8 2 $6,770.90 4 $1,692.73
    9 2 $3,538.00 2 $1,769.00
    10 2 $3,030.65 2 $1,515.33
    2 Total $15,007.00 13 $1,154.38

    --
    Chuck W

  2. #2
    Domenic
    Guest

    Re: Weekly and Monthly Subtotals

    Try...

    =SUMPRODUCT(SUBTOTAL(9,OFFSET(Range,ROW(Range)-MIN(ROW(Range)),0,1)))

    Note that subtotals within the range will be ignored.

    Hope this helps!

  3. #3
    ChuckW
    Guest

    Re: Weekly and Monthly Subtotals

    Domenic,

    Thanks for your help. I am a novice excel user and am trying to figure out
    how to do what you suggested. I got the weekly subtotal by using the
    pulldowns. How would I do the monthly ones?

    Thanks,

    --
    Chuck W

  4. #4
    Domenic
    Guest

    Re: Weekly and Monthly Subtotals

    I've misunderstood what you're looking for. See if the following
    helps...

    1) First, make sure that each cell in Column A contains the month for
    the corresponding day...

    a) Select/highlight Column A

    b) Edit > Go To > Special > Blanks > Ok

    c) Press =

    d) Hit the 'Up Arrow' key

    e) Press CONTROL+ENTER

    2) Then, use SUBTOTAL to give you your monthly subtotals...

    a) Select your data, including your headers

    b) Data > Subtotals

    At each change in: Month

    Use function: Sum

    Add subtotal to: check the appropriate header/column

    Replace current subtotals: uncheck this option

    Click Ok